Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Design on a Dime

A few months ago, Dave and I discovered HGTV. In case you haven't uncovered this gem yet, this channel offers home improvement/design shows 24/7. Quickly we were hooked. So, when it came time to redecorate Camlin's bedroom, I decided to take on the project and test out my newly learned skills from the plethora of shows we've watched.

Dave wanted lilac. Camlin wanted blue. I had a budget of $5oo and a week vacation from work. Below you'll see the fruits of my labor. I finished in 2 days and spent only half of the budget (luckily all the furniture was reused).

Here is Camlin's new 'big-girl' room.

The framed artwork was painted by our little artist herself.



2 comments:

Bridgett said...

Well done Camlin's room looks lovely, however you could have shown a before shot not all of us have had the privilege of visiting your lovely new home (I keep having to tell myself it won't be long!). Enjoy the 4th of July weekend celebrations, can't wait to see your blog after that. Missing you all, lots of love B x

Anonymous said...

Wow that is fantastic - do you want to come and make over our rooms!! I can't believe you did it all in two days. Trudi.xx