Sunday, June 29, 2008

Terrible Twos

Well the weekend had a rocky start. On Saturday, Camlin was having a Terrible Twos day and as usual, she took it out on Mommy. I endured slaps, kicks, and even a blow to my arm with her new 'butterfly cup', which was immediately confiscated. Of course, any effort of reasoning with Camlin was completely futile as she isn't able to hear on days like this. At one point I asked her if she was listening, to which she replied, "I'm listening Mommy." However, she then stuck her fingers in her ears and started clucking her tongue to drown out my voice. Fun. The only thing that got her somewhat in line was a promise of going to the pool on Sunday.

Sunday was much better! Camlin loves the pool and loves to play with other kids, so playing with her friend Braeden in the water was a treat.
Here she is 'swimming'.

Here she is playing with Braeden in the playhouse.
And here she is crashed out on the couch afterward!

The day ended with a bath and Mommy's special treat (bananas and strawberries in melted chocolate). Between rushed mouthfuls Camlin looked up at me with her big brown eyes and said, "Thank you Mommy. I like my special treat." And at that moment, the Terrible Twos from the day before were completely forgotten.

3 comments:

trudi said...

Oh dear I have all this to look forward to. Does Camlin often have terrible two's days? Does Dad get treated the same?

Anonymous said...

Dad doesn't get the physical abuse like Mommy does. He just gets the mental anguish knowing that his baby girl is going to grow up.


Awwwwww

Bridgett said...

Bless! Sounds a little like Corey between the age of 1-5! She was a Daddy's girl so I got the raw end of the deal all the time. They do soon grow out of it, then you find yourself wishing they could stay small forever. Luckily Corey has grown up into a lovely young lady and one of my best friends, Coral was and still is an angel and mummy's little girl! x