Monday, October 6, 2008

All About Me

Well it's been a year since I finished the course work, but I finally picked up my degree from school. While I've been a graduate for sometime now, and even started on my MBA already, it didn't really feel official until I had my degree in hand!


A couple of weeks ago, my friend Christina lent me a book called Skinny Bitches. It's title is misleading however, as it's purpose is to convert meat eaters to vegans rather than to help people lose weight. Let me tell you, if you've ever needed a reason to stop eating meat, read this book. I am not ready to commit myself to a completely animal-product-free existence, but I have cut out most meat from my diet (much to Dave's chagrin). We'll see how long I can live without a nice bloody steak ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment! Being able to maintain a full time career, being a full time Mommy and having a full time hubby while gaining this degree is quite a feat in itself. Great work. I'm not worthy.

Bridgett said...

Congratulations you've done really well, you are such an inspiration. As for the book I've heard of it and was speaking to a vegan in cyprus who was so passionate about animals it really made me think, but it must be so hard to find easy things to eat. Turkey's still on the xmas menu isn't it? x

Laura said...

Congratulations, Claire! I'm amazed you can get so much done while working AND raising a daughter!