Monday, August 4, 2008

"I'm a Big Girl Now"

In an effort to support Camlin's plight to wear only big girl underwear (at which she is doing incredibly well), we have encouraged her by telling her that she is a big girl now. Unfortunately, she is smart enough to realize that being a big girl can transcend into other areas of her life. This has included swimming on her own in the pool, walking down stairs without holding hands, fastening her car seat straps unassisted. Actually, any instance where she doesn't want help, "[she's] a big girl now"! I assume this won't be the first time a parenting skill will backfire.

2 comments:

trudi said...

Ah yes but if she is a big girl she can do all sorts of other things, like tidy up after her, keep her room tidy, dress herself, put her dirty cloths in the laundry basket etc. Things that my nephews have never managed to do - well obviously they can dress themselves, but you know what I mean!

Laura said...

Since you are a few months ahead of me, I'm hoping to learn from your "backfires". Too funny!